Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

SOUND OFF: Nivea In-Shower Lotion VS Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer


Have you ever felt like no matter how early you prepared for work or an outing, you still get pushed for time?

Applying lotions and moisturizers to your body after a fresh shower could really take up most of that precious time. In most cases, it takes just as long to lotion my body as it does find the perfect outfit and applying the make-up.

Someone for the lotion companies must have heard the cries because the markets have exploded with the trend of in-shower lotions. Two, in particular, are Nivea's In-Shower Lotion and Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer. The primary focus of these two products is to basically kill two birds with one stone. You can shower and lotion your body at the same time saving you a load of time doing one after the other.

With every company releasing their own version of shower moisturizers, I decided to experiment with two and compare.

NIVEA's IN-SHOWER LOTION:
According to the instructions, all you have to do is apply the lotion on your skin after cleansing with your normal body wash, rinse and you're done. No need for any external applications. My result? Perfection. The lotion rubs on smooth over the water and leaves a lovely scent on my skin well after I've dried off. Afterward, was the feel of lotion on my body.

JERGENS' WET SKIN MOISTURIZER
When Jergens's came out with their moisturizer, they were determined to hit three birds with one stone, you could shower and moisturize at the same time, save time from tedious body lotioning and save perhaps a gallon of water when showering by simply applying the moisturizer after cleansing without the need to rinse off. The end result is to save you time and give you silky smooth skin without the lotion hassle.

My result: Go back to the drawing board Jergens. Granted, the moisturizer goes on very smoothly even when wet. It spreads evenly and coats the skin very well. But it's when your skin is dry when everything seems to go south. According to the instructions, you have to pat dry your skin after applying the moisturizer. Who has time for that? It's quite the contradiction because the time you save not rinsing, you're using that time (and more) to pat dry your skin.

Another issue would be the feel of your skin after your skin. I noticed how heavy my skin felt afterward. The moisturizer was too thick and felt like grease on my skin. I tested the moisturizer two nights in a row to eliminate the idea of me overreacting or showing favoritism to Nivea. But after a second time, I couldn't take it anymore. Nivea was clearly the better lotion to use.

4 comments:

  1. I totally disagree. I have tied all three (oil of olay, nivea and jergens wet skin lotion) and prefer the Jergens Wet Skin lotion. My skin feels softer all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Olay one, but the Jergens felt very thick and oily to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tired both Nivea and Jergens. I prefer Jergens, I dry myself as normal and my skin stays way more hydrating than with Nivea and I like that I don't have to rinse the Jergens off, extra steps are frowned apon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post.all skin types can use it so yes, just use a tiny bit mixed with water and you'll be good to go!Click here good moisturizer for dry skin

    ReplyDelete