Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 30, 2015

COUPONS.com: The Reliable Way to Save


What would the world be like without coupons? Well, normal actually but that's besides the point.

A year ago, I saw a story on the news about "extreme couponing." This is the act of someone with an obsession with coupons and saving every nickel and dime that they can through discounts and coupons. The story didn't too much interest me until the news reporter quoted the results of a study done with coupons. Studies show that the average American can save up to $10,000 a year from coupons. WOW right? What could YOU do with ten large in your pocket?
actual printed coupons from the site

With high hopes and plans for my piece of the pie, I began researching coupon sites. I joined several online sites but in order to actually receive the coupons, they wanted you to either purchase a product or take a million surveys. After that, I felt it wasn't worth the save and I gave up.

One day I found Coupons.com through an ad somewhere and I decided to check it out. The set up was easy, all I had to do was register and download its printer access attachment. Afterwards, I just browse coupons by category, and hit print. It's that easy!

My mother runs an in-house business where she takes care of state hospital clients so food and household supplies usually costs a fortune. I use coupons.com to print coupons that helps her save money. After calculation I help save her anywhere from $30 to $60 a month! I don't know about you but that's extra money towards a bill, or pair of shoes.

If you're on the go, Coupons.com now has a downloadable app that allows you to pick your coupons and have them sent to your email so you can print them anywhere!

SmartSource, Redplum, and P&G coupon booklets usually
found inSunday newspapers.
The only negative to Coupons.com would be the inability to print the coupons in black and white. The downloaded attachment overrides your printer and forces the printer to print the coupons in color. I've researched it and according to other forums, there's not much you can do to change that.

If you're not computer savvy or don't have access to computer and printers, P&G, Redplum and SmartSource coupon booklets in weekly newspapers remain a great alternative. The positive, you save a lot of money on ink!

Coupons.com has been a great help for me and my family for two years now. Its easy, it's mobile, it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment