Total Pageviews

Monday, November 16, 2015

VASELINE: My Skin's Greatest Ally Against Winter






Vaseline always lived in the background of my life, as a jar filled with thick, greasy jelly you would only use as a last resort. Today, in my adulthood, it’s on the forefront; the general of my armies. In this case, my skin cells. Winter in Florida is mild compared to the northern states, but it affects our southern skin just the same.

I truly began to use Vaseline’s products a year ago when I discovered their new line of lip therapy. It was the cutest little jar and it came in four flavors. I even bought the set for a friend. Every day, I applied the Vaseline to my lips before going to work. In less than ten minutes, I could feel the health of my lips change. They are softer than any moisturizing lip balm could offer. Because of its greasy-jelly state, it lasts much longer. I wore it for nearly five hours before finally wiping it from my lips. Most lip care barely makes it two hours!

Last year when I decided to try Vaseline’s lotion collection, I was disappointed, it felt thin like water and did little to care for my dried out skin. I tossed the bottles and moved on the next best thing. It was until a month ago when my friend let me try her new Vaseline Intensive Care with aloe lotion, I saw a difference in its texture. It was smooth but just thick enough to help heal and care for my skin. Now I have my own collection of lotions. I keep one bottle each in my car, house and work locker.

One interesting use I discovered for Vaseline was through an article pinned on Pinterest. The article talked about using Vaseline and socks for great foot care. All my life I’ve had to soak my feet in lotion. The driest skin on my body is the bottom of my feet. If I go too many days without lotioning them, the skin between my toes split (quite painful) and the heal of the foot hardens. According to the article, all I had to do before bed was to rub a nice amount of Vaseline to my entire foot and pull socks over them. I tried it for the first time. The next morning, I couldn’t believe it; my feet were softer than a baby’s bottom. They felt both healthy and hydrated.

 Now with winter approaching, I have all my Vaseline products in order and ready for the cold. With Vaseline by my side, protecting and caring for my dry skin, I can look winter in the eyes and say, “bring it on!”

No comments:

Post a Comment