Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Always Discreet, the Best Friend Bladder Leaks Need

Two years ago I had several "accidents" that forced me to keep a change of clothes in my locker at work and always keep a jacket around to tie around me in case I had something showing that I didn't want to be seen. I later found out that I had an overactive bladder.

According to Medicine Net website, they defined an overactive bladder as, "a condition that is characterized by sudden involuntary contraction of the muscle in the wall of the urinary bladder" (MedNet).

After knowing the condition I was dealing with, I immediately went to the store to buy Poise pads which were designed for women who dealt with overactive bladder. At work, I had more confidence because I knew I was protected. Unfortunately, my Poise pads caused me to have more accidents because of its slow absorbing technology. I noticed that the urine rolled over the surface of the pad to the bottom of my pants causing a wet spot, which was embarrassing.

About a month or so later, Always introduced their new line of Always Discreet liners, pads, and underwear for bladder leaks. The company sent out coupons for people to try them so I thought it was worth a shot. I had already used Always pads during my "time of the month," so I was familiar with how well their products work. Anyway, one day at work, I wasn't able to go to lunch. I had to use the bathroom extremely bad and I could feel the urine just flowing out onto the pad. I freaked out thinking that it was going to overfill and start rolling down my legs.

When I finally got to the restroom, I check myself to see what damage was done. My panties were dry as a bone, no damage was done. The pad took on about 3-4oz of leaked urine without overflow. It was that moment I knew I could rely on the discreet pads just as I rely on their pads for my "other" situation.

What makes Always Discreet better than other pads or underwear?
The most important factor that makes this collection better is the reliability and the absorption technology. The pad can hold a great amount of fluid without overflow. This is important because you never know what kind of accident you'll have. An overactive bladder is unpredictable. There are times when I can somewhat gain control and be able to hold my urine and other times where it just flows like a river no matter how I try to stop it. Because I work on a job where the only break I really get is my one-hour lunch, these pads are a Godsend.

What would you suggest for improvements for this brand?
I would say a good improvement would be better odor control. Because the urine is absorbed fast and sealed, there is a little odor, but a scented pad could help. Off that note, I would say a travel size pack of scented wipes would be nice. Something that could fit right in the purse for easy access.

For more information on overactive bladder and how you can treat and prevent it from happening, visit Medicine Net or Web MD.



References:

Overactive Bladder: Medications, Causes, and OAB Treatment. (n.d.). Retrieved February 23, 2016, from http://www.medicinenet.com/overactive_bladder/article.htm#what_is_an_overactive_bladder 

No comments:

Post a Comment