Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2016

PANDORA RADIO: The Perfect Daily Life Playlist Maker



I discovered Pandora Radio back in 2008 when I started my freshman year in college. My roommates kept urging me to get it and I eventually created a profile and has been using it ever since.

At first, I used Pandora just for distraction music. But now, I use the music for so much more. The creation of different playlists or "radio stations" allow me to be forced to listen to whatever music pops up, which is a great thing. In the past couple of years, I have discovered more new artists to listen to than I would have just simply listened to my iPhone's playlist.


One of my most favorite discoveries was the artist Matt Wertz. I created a new radio station I nicknamed "Coffee House Radio." This station would consist of a collection of music and artist you would normally hear in a cafe or Starbucks. My key artist was John Mayer. Pandora formulated similar artist on the radio and Matt Wertz popped up with one of his songs. My eyes popped at the sound of his voice and I've loved his work ever since. I've discovered other artist through Pandora in this way and it's great because you're exposed to talent both mainstream and non-mainstream.


My greatest use for Pandora is the different ways I use my radio stations I have created. For example, I've noticed that when I'm studying or writing one of my screenplays, my Trance of Dance Radio (consisting of trance and EDM music) helps me stay concentrated. The constant electronic sounds and light vocals keep me focus and entertained at the same time. If I'm working out or dancing, my Spanish Rose Radio (all Spanish music) is perfect because of the great beats. If I'm cleaning my house, taking long drives, my Chicks Rules Radio (all female artists) and My Men Radio (all male artists) are great to listen to.



Pandora is more than just an app for creating collections of music, it's a tool that can help you organize your life by the music you play. 

1 comment: